Q: If I plan to paint or wallpaper this area, when should this be done?
After CTM has completed your project install. Anytime a heavy and rigid countertop is installed, some wall scuffing will probably occur as the installer works to ensure a good fit.
Q: Do fixtures and appliances need to be on-site at the time of installation?
Yes, it is important to have the sink and faucet fixtures and appliances at the time of installation.
Q: Could there possibly be any additional cost to me above and beyond the original project contract?
1. Yes, if you request any changes or additions to the original project, proposal and contract.
2. Yes, if any unforeseen issues arise, as in any remodel project. For example, plumbing pipes may need to be replaced due to poor condition or lowered for a new disposal. If these issues occur, we will notify you immediately. Any additional costs that may occur due to unforeseen items can be handled by the homeowner or contracted with CTM.
Q: Upon installation, is there anything else I should be aware of?
1. Yes, anytime a heavy and rigid countertop is installed, some wall scuffing will occur. We do everything possible to minimize this, but please be aware that some touch-up will be needed at the responsibility of the homeowner.
2. Dust will continue to settle for several days after your installer has cleaned up and left your home.
3. Furthermore, this is a remodel of your home. Unforeseen problems are the norm, not the exception. We will not panic and neither should you, as we conduct over 1,000 countertop projects a year. You can trust us to complete the project to your liking and satisfaction!
Every customer has survived, and you will too! Although remodel projects take you out of your daily routine and can be stressful at times, you can trust that you are working with experienced professionals!